Sunday, June 9, 2013

Fucked myself over

I was on a nice little vacation after prom and I've come home to the realization of how badly I fucked myself over.  Because my dumb ass accidentally (I'm not explaining any further) got involved in some type of fraudulent activity involving PayPal, I've found myself banned from using the processor FOR LIFE.  Now, lifetime bans aren't fun if you get them for any site, but one from PP tends to sting a bit more than usual.  Why?

  • PP is the #1 most used payment processor in the world and most accepted by online businesses/potential customers for my web designing services.
  • I can never sell things on ebay with my own account.
  • I can't pay for things that only accept PP (which are a lot).
Now what about using Payza instead?  They won't allow new accounts to be created in the US currently.  Which means the only payment methods I can accept are:
The first option is always a backup and Western Union seems like the way to go now.  I've used moneybookers before and I just don't know them well enough to trust them with my bank info/money.

What should you deduct from reading this?
  • Always write passwords/security answers down.
  • Never do fraudulent activity with any payment processor as a kid because it can fuck you over when you're an adult.
  • Even if you're banned from someplace there are still plenty of other options (that probably aren't as good) out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment