Friday, May 3, 2013

Friday night dreams

So it's Friday night (1am) and there's no possibility of me working on memepls so I'm just derping around the internet at this point.  I'm trying to think of some other possibilities I can make some type of income other than relying on ad money when I finish memepls, if I ever finish it.  For starters I can always try selling the little skills I have including:

  • psd to wordpress/html
  • content/article writing
  • essay writing
  • vb.net freelance
Psd to wordpress/html conversion is a great way to make some money but my portfolio isn't impressive enough at all to attract any customers.  I've already tried offering this for free (on tbn & gs) but still no one is interested.

I consider myself a strong writer when I try.  Obviously now I don't give a fuck about the way I write but when I've tried in English I've always received a perfect score on the essay.  Writing content for websites isn't very hard either because all you need to do is make it original, lengthy enough and interesting.  To get started with this I'll need to write a few solid sample articles and advertise it on various forums.  I'd probably need do a couple freebies to attract customers too.

Now in visual basic I can code just about anything but I'm always unmotivated if I'm not getting paid.  I see requests for bots to be made all the time on tbn and I'm sure I can throw together some half-assed bots (which are still better than the majority of the bots on there) to make some easy cash.  This is like a last resort though.

Another idea that doesn't involve selling my services is setting up a blog just for maplestory hacks and macros.  I've made some useful macros in autoit for maple before that I'm sure other people would love.  If I made another blog on here for these macros and hacks I could make some money off adsense.  I'd also make YouTube videos for them and make YouTube adsense money as well.  This idea sounds like it would require the least work on my part and has some potential.  However, I quit the game recently and wasn't looking to run back to it already.

I'm looking to make good money off one of these ideas though, not $5 after a week or so.  Majority of posts on forums these days are how to make minute amounts of cash.  For the amount of work a person would have to do to make that money, it's not worth it.  Working at my local grocery store (which hires everyone) pays at least $8 hourly.  I'm looking to make at least 3 grand after a couple months of working nonstop online + irl.  As of now these are just pointless dreams though.  Maybe one day, I'll put them into effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment