Friday, May 24, 2013

New Design - Day 3 & 4

I didn't get to post this last night, but after two days I finished the new design.  Once again though, I can't post it until I mod everything to the owner's liking and he uploads it somewhere.  However these are the new (ones I haven't already posted) that have helped me achieve my goal of finishing it:
I feel as though I've gotten much more comfortable with jQuery.  For example, yesterday I wrote this function for animating the background color of elements in 5 minutes:

function animateBG(selector, changeColor, startColor){
$(selector).hover(function(){
$(this).animate({ backgroundColor: changeColor }, 'fast');
});
$(selector).mouseleave(function(){
$(this).animate({ backgroundColor: startColor }, 'fast');
});
}



So an example of me using the code would be:
animateBG('#login_box a', '#c53939', '#b61e1e');

One thing I probably should have used more in the past but just remembered recently was google fonts: http://www.google.com/fonts/

With google fonts I no longer need to store the fonts on my server and can load it straight from theirs in my css.  I'm not positive that it's faster but it should be according to my common sense.

So I'll edit this post with the website/design once it's complete.  Pce for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment