Wednesday, May 29, 2013

wordpress conversion day 4

I switched from the ad plugin I had before to this one: http://wordpress.org/plugins/ad-codez-widget/

I also added a tertiary sidebar to the site by adding the following to animeseries_widgets_init() in functions.php:
register_sidebar( array(
'name' => __( 'Secondary Widget Area', 'shape' ),
'id' => 'sidebar-2',
'before_widget' => '<aside id="%1$s" class="widget %2$s">',
'after_widget' => '</aside>',
'before_title' => '<h1 class="widget-title">',
'after_title' => '</h1>',
) );


Plan is to work with existing css.  Delete colliding css during/after theme is done.

Now onto querying posts by the letter they start with... http://wordpress.org/support/topic/what-argument-to-use-in-query_posts-to-get-posts-with-given-letter

Okay when I started typing this post it was 8pm.  It's now 1am and I'm still stuck on the alphabetized post issue.  I've found a way to filter the posts by letter but now I need to figure out how to make the posts update by letter via button click using ajax.  This has been very aggravating and I'm too tired to continue trying things that I know won't work.  So day 4, I got stuck again, but once I finish this the rest of the template is just css and although that can be frustrating too, it's nowhere near as annoying.

No comments:

Post a Comment